Brian manages most/all swancon email addresses forwarding and some group memberships. Change requests should ideal include exactly what address needs to be forwarded and who to (please include email address).
Access to emails
Our email system is Microsoft Office 365,
It is very desirable that people use a Swancon mailbox for Swancon correspondence with 3 rd parties, this mainly affects core committee or people associated with a <task>@swancon.com.au email address.
Please don't delete emails, move them into the sub-folder call archive or use the archive button this means future committee's and look back and copy work or have historical references to information.
Emails can be accessed via:
- Iphone or Android: Office365 Mobile Setup
- Outlook: Outlook Email Setup
- Webmail: https://outlook.office.com
- Certain users (convenor) can access other mailboxes using their login. If the logged in user has access the webmail links below should work.
Are sent using MailChimp, please see the accounts page for access.
Passwords and memberships
The Convenor can login here  to do the following only (unless very experienced with Office365):
- Reset users passwords
- Create Contacts
- Add/Remove users to/from groups "SwanconXX 20YY Committee Mailing List"
Send From (depreciated)
For anyone wishing to send emails from a committee address, eg firstname.lastname@example.org the instructions for gmail are at as follows and should take 5-10 minutes.
If you follow these instructions you will be able to email from a Google Email App Android/IOS(Gmail or Inbox) or from the [www.gmail.com] website. The new email appears as an option in the "from:" dropdown near the to and subject fields in these apps/webpages.
When doing so please CC the address you are sending from (eg to: John from: position-20 cc: position-20) so other people that have receive that email from John know it has been replied to.
- 1. Check if "2-Step Verification" is on/enabled at https://myaccount.google.com/security?pli=1#signin
- If "2-Step Verification" is "Off":
- Go to "Sign-in & security" or https://myaccount.google.com/u/1/security
- At the bottom of the page make sure "Allow less secure apps" is turn on.
- If "2-Step Verification" is "On":
- Go to "App Passwords" or https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords
- Select app "Other (Customised name)"
- Enter the "from" email address (email@example.com)
- Click Generate
- Copy password for later use.
- 2. Add "send mail as":
- Go to "settings -> settings -> accounts and import" or https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/accounts
- Click "Add another email address you own"
- Enter the "from" email in "Email address:" (firstname.lastname@example.org) and click next step
- Set "SMTP Server:" to smtp.gmail.com
- Set "Username:" to your email address (email@example.com)
- Set "Password:" to the one determined by the next 2 points
- If "2-Step Verification" was off: use your gmail (firstname.lastname@example.org) password.
- If "2-Step Verification" was on: use the "Copy password for later use" now.
- Click Add Account
- 3. Go to inbox and open email subject "Gmail Confirmation - Send Mail as email@example.com"
- Click the approve link in the email.
- 4. When you send emails you should now be able to choose send from "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- 5. If you like you can create signatures for the new addresses under
- Settings -> General -> Signatures or https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/general
Guide by Brian Johnson