Titled "SwanCon XI" this was the 11th West Australian Science Fiction Convention.
SwanCon XI was also the 25th Australian NatCon
Dates: Easter 1986 (Mar 28-31)
GoH: CJ Cherryh
FGoH: Jack R. Herman
Chairman: Erik "The Half" Harding
Secretary: Cindy Evans
Treasurer: Garry Hoff
Programming: Sally Beasley and Dave Luckett
Hotel Liason: Greg Turkich
Publicity: Paul Stevens - 'Antifan'
Awards: Grant Stone
Printing: Mark Bivens
Security: Jay Plester
WASFF was formed as a result of financial problems resulting from this convention.
CJ Cherryh filked pretty much every night on the landing at Miss Maud's.
One of the university clubs arrived in a big way at Swancon XI.
Publications and Productions
These are mostly links to transcripts that have been done for the Australian Science Fiction Distributed Archive Project (ASFDAP) on its blog 'This!'
- SwanCon XI - Con Book - The Chairman's Piece (p. 1)
- SwanCon XI - Con Book - The committee (pp. 2-4)
- SwanCon XI - Con Book - Australian National Science Fiction Conventions (p. 5)
- SwanCon XI - Con Book - Jack Herman Bio (p. 7)
- SwanCon XI - Con Book - assorted bits (pp. 15-16)
- SwanCon XI - Con Book - The Programme (part 1) (pp. 18-19)
- SwanCon XI - Con Book - Info listings 2 (p. 25)
- SwanCon XI - Con Book - Posh Nosh (p. 31)
- All Swancon XI posts on ASFDAP blog