WASFF Web Minutes 2006-06-01
From Australian sf information
- Jeremy Byrne
- David Cake
- Chris Creagh
- Peter Kelly
- Shay Telfer
- Jaunita Whitehead
- Discussion about main areas of site, namely
- Professional looking corporate-facing pages
- WASFF Board
- Subcommittees, conventions, budgets etc.
- Other interesting stuff for fans
- Ju has content for corporate-facing pages as a result of other things she's doing so she will work on gathering that together and creating a spec on what's required for the corporate-facing site.
- Concerns are raised about ease of restricting access to sections of the wiki under MediaWiki. Probably ok for simple cases, but more complex restrictions may require a different approach. Go with the simple approach for now and see what issues arise.
- Need to work out some way of importing content from Twiki into MediaWiki.
- Shay has an iCal calendar containing event info from the Bullsheet, to be published to a WebDAV server for iCal or Firefox calendar users, and pushed to Google Calendar and also Web site.
- Wiki is currently on Hostgator
- Wiki should support OpenID (in this case, LiveJournal id's)
- Discussion of how to seed Wiki with content initially and who to invite whom.
- Ju to work on content and spec for the corporate-facing pages
- Jeremy to look at supporting OpenID on the Wiki
- Shay to forward password info from Jeremy's previous e-mail
- Chris to invite the following people to contribute to the Wiki
- Anna Hepworth
- Tony de Groot
- Grant Stone
- Simon Oxwell
- Doug Burbidge
- David Gunn
- Chris Parker (re JAFWA)
- Ju to invite the following
- Grant Watson
- Lily Chrywenstrom
- Danny Oz
- Lyn and Lee Battersby
- Robin Penn
- Jeremy to invite the following
- Simon Haynes
- Sally Beasley
- David Cake to invite Rohan Wallace
- Peter to invite Jay Watson
- Shay to invite 2 others
- Everyone to write 2 wiki pages before next meeting