2020 Ditmar preliminary ballot
PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS ARTICLE WITHOUT AUTHORISATION FROM THE DITMAR SUBCOMMITTEE.
This article details the preliminary ballot for the Australian SF ("Ditmar") Awards for 2019, to be awarded at the 2020 Ditmar Awards ceremony, hosted by Swancon.
Interested and knowledgeable persons are encouraged to check the ballot and respond urgently by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of any apparent discrepancies. It is possible that the content of this preliminary ballot may differ from the final ballot.
The following section details the contents of the preliminary ballot. (Note that the final ballot will include a "No Award" option in each category.
Note that some categories include more than five nominees due to tied nomination numbers. And some have less, due to insufficient valid nominations. (The Final ballot will have a No Award option in each category.)
The Novella/Novelette and Short Story categories have been combined into one as per Ditmar Rule 5.3.
- Claiming T-Mo, Eugen Bacon, Meerkat Press.
- The Year of the Fruit Cake, Gillian Polack, IFWG Publishing Australia.
Best Short Fiction
- "into bones like oil", Kaaron Warren, in Into Bones like Oil, Meerkat Press.
- "Whom My Soul Loves", Rivqa Rafael, in Strange Horizons, 11 November 2019.
Best Collected Work
- Collision, J.S. Breukelaar, Meerkat Press.
Best Fan Publication in Any Medium
- Be The Serpent podcast, Alexandra Rowland, Jennifer Mace and Freya Marske.
- SF Commentary, Bruce Gillespie.
Best Fan Writer
- Bruce Gillespie, for writing in SF Commentary and ANZAPA articles.
- Elizabeth Fitzgerald, for reviews in Skiffy and Fanty.
Best Fan Artist
Best New Talent
- Freya Marske
William Atheling Jr Award for Criticism or Review
- Eugen Bacon, for Writing Speculative Fiction, Red Globe Press.
- Grant Watson, reviews on FictionMachine.