Swancon 2008: State of the Art
Swancon 2008 was the 33rd annual West Australian Science Fiction Convention, and the 47th Australian National Science Fiction Convention, held on March 20th-24th 2008.
- Convenor: Anna Hepworth
- Treasurer: Elaine Walker
- Secretary: Linda Deegan
- Gaming: Calum Watson
- Programming: David Cake
- Marketing & Advertising: Grant Watson
- Website: Michael Deegan
- Academic stream: Sonia Marcon
- Committee Members: Art Diggle, Davina Watson, Jenny Kelly, Peter Kelly, Craig Greenbank
- GoH: Ken MacLeod, Rob Shearman, Glenda Larke
- Fan GoH: Zara Baxter
- Academic Keynote Speakers: Mark Bould, Sylvia Kelso, Andrew Milner
The All Seasons Hotel (formerly the Acacia Hotel). The Governor Robinsons hostel next door, and the Hotel Northbridge were designated as overflow accommodation.
- Full: $150
- Concession: $130
- Day: Thursday:$25, Friday-Monday:$45
- Day Concession: Thursday:$20, Friday-Monday:$40
- Masquerade only: $15
These prices were available up until 17th March, from Tactics, White Dwarf, and Fantastic Planet.
- Full: $135
- Concession: $120
- Supporting: $40